I was planning to talk playoff match-ups this late in the regular season, but 2 to 3 games to the end of the season i we really don’t know much about who are in the playoff and who aren’t, and not much about the seeding too. So let’s see what we really know about this crazy season ending.
The East :
- Atlanta is the east champion.
- Cleveland is locked to the 2 seat and Central Division champion.
- Toronto and Chicago are fighting for 3rd they are tied but Chicago holds the tie breaker and still 2 games to play.
- Toronto is Atlantic Division champion.
- Washington is locked to the 5th seat.
- Milwaukee is locked to the 6th seat.
- This where the crazy thing begins, we have 3 teams fighting for 2 playoffs seat (Miami is unlikely to get in) Boston (38/42) is 1 game ahead of Brooklyn (37/43) and Indiana (37/43). Brooklyn holds the tie breaker over Indiana by winning 2 out 3 against them.
If you think that the east is crazy, wait to see how crazy it is in the west.
The West :
- Golden State is the best team in the league
- Portland is Northwest Division champion and locked to the 4th seat, but will not have home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
- Dallas is locked to the the 7th seat.
- New Orleans and Oklahoma City are tied for the 8th seat with 2 games to go. New Orleans holds the tie breaker over Indiana by winning 2 out 3 against them.
- I have never seen 4 teams fighting for the 2nd seat this late in the season, we have San Antonio (55/26) a half game a head of 3 teams L.A. Clippers, Houston and Memphis all at (54/26). It will be crazy talking tie breakers here but we can say one thing is that Southeast Division champion (San Antonio, Houston or Memphis) is most likely to be 2nd in the west.
All that craziness i you know what, we still have the playoffs to come. It is a good time to be a NBA fan.